Comments

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. We are amateur botanist, and we do make mistakes sometimes with our identifications. We strive to make this a good identifying resource. All comments are moderated by me and may take several days to appear. This is due to the high number of inappropriate comments that have nothing to do with this subject.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Spreading Yellow False Foxglove (Aureolaria patula)

Photographic Location: Flat Rock Cedar Glade in Middle Tennessee.


Scrophulariaceae (Figwort Family)

For more information about this plant, Click Here.

Photographic Location: Flat Rock Cedar Glade in Middle Tennessee.


Photographic Location: Flat Rock Cedar Glade in Middle Tennessee.


3 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw this plant at Flat Rock a few weeks ago and I was thinking it to be A. flava because of the upward curving pedicels and maybe they aren't long enough to be patula. Plus I don't think it has been recorded in this county? I'm looking back at the photos I took to make a final decision, wondering what made you decide on patula. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out that you are right. After much review and advice from experts I have changed to A.flava! Thanks for your push to make me re-evaluate my identification.

      Delete
  2. My main reason is that A. flava is rarely found in cedar glades. I did not measure the pedicels which in A. flava is 4-10mm and A. patula is 15-25. I used Guide to the Vascular Plants of Tennessee for my decision. I am a photographer, not a botanist so I need all the help I can get at identification. Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete