Comments

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. We are amateur botanist, and we do make mistakes sometimes with our identifications. We strive to make this a good identifying resource. All comments are moderated by me and may take several days to appear. This is due to the high number of inappropriate comments that have nothing to do with this subject.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Little Brown Jug (Hexastylis arifolia)

Photographic Location: Great Smoky Mountains

I have been looking for this plant every where I go. Apparently you have to get a little bit higher in altitude than here in middle Tennessee. I saw an abundance of this on our trip to the Smokies.

We have a lot of its cousin, Wild Ginger, but I have not seen Little Brown Jug in middle TN. Little Brown Jug is the most widespread species in this genus. Its flowers are often hidden in leaf litter on the ground.

For more information on this wildflower, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment