Comments

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. We are amateur botanist, and we do make mistakes sometimes with our identifications. We strive to make this a good identifying resource. All comments are moderated by me and may take several days to appear. This is due to the high number of inappropriate comments that have nothing to do with this subject.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Hairy Bittercress or Hoary Bittercress (Cardamine hirsuta)


This is an update to a previous post.
To see more about this flower (Click Here).




Photographic Location: Sycamore Ridge Ranch in Middle Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. Are you taking these great pictures with a true "macro" lens or with a lens that has "macro-like" as I am told my Tamaron 18-270 has with my Canon? I think these are true macro because you get focus at such an "up close" distance.
    For such a little flower, it is interesting with its seed pods and "almost-opposite" leaves. I have been trying to ID this for the past year and now "ta-da". Got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Tom, I use a "true" Macro lens, two as a matter of fact. I use a Cannon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM and a Cannon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM. I am starting to use the 100mm more because of its lighter weight. It also has an extremely sharp focus and great Bokeh.

    ReplyDelete