Comments

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. We are amateur botanist, and we do make mistakes sometimes with our identifications. We strive to make this a good identifying resource. All comments are moderated by me and may take several days to appear. This is due to the high number of inappropriate comments that have nothing to do with this subject.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hibernation

 Like a grumpy old bear coming out of hibernation after a cold wet winter, I too, the grumpy old photographer, have gone afield looking for signs of spring. 

 


 The first place I thought of to begin this years adventure, is Taylor Hollow State Natural Area. It is one of my favorite places and I am never disappointed with the beauty and splendor of this area.

 
 
I was welcomed with several of the early wildflowers of the season. I have chosen this one to be first to see if any one of the followers of this blog is paying attention. This beautiful wildflower is just getting ready to bloom. I wonder if any of my followers will be able to identify this beautiful Tennessee wildflower. Hint: It has another states name in this flowers common name.

3 comments:

  1. Is it Virginia Bluebells? I enjoy your blog, glad its spring so i can see all your great pictures and learn about Native plants

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right Jason. I hope you continue to follow the blog and further your interest in wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want you to know I'm an avid follower of your blog and am glad to see you posting again. I didn't have a clue until I walked Taylor Hollow yesterday, having never seen these this early. So much to learn . . .

    ReplyDelete